GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Assure that the Patient Account Services obtains maximum benefits from telecom/information systems integration.
Promote teamwork and provide leadership to staff to meet organizational goals and objectives.
Maintain PC Network to provide maximum systems availability and performance.
– SCO / Controller
- Technology Specialists and Customer Service Specialists
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Guide the implementation of Telecom/Information Systems at the Patient Account Services.
Implementation is to include interfaces to all appropriate mainframe and networked systems.
(Telephone, Voice Mail, Paging, Faxing, PA, IVR, Call pilot, ACD, etc.)
- Manage day-to-day Telecom/Information Systems integration/support, providing leadership to a staff of 3 to 7 individuals.
- Coordinate support of end users (400+) with ongoing Telecom and IT&S needs (Telecom Services, PCs, Networking, Email, Electronic Report Distribution, Help Desk Support, etc.)
- Assist in development of training programs for new equipment and software applications
- Maintain LAN to provide maximum systems availability and performance (user maintenance, application software installation, network monitoring, network performance issues)
- Develop policies & procedures to track hardware/software installations and licensure and ensure Corporate Compliance Standards are met.
These procedures should include annual audits and documentation of corrective actions taken.
- Identify opportunities for greater efficiencies through process improvement, systems integration and assist in implementation of these solutions.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
- Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
- Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
- Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
- Technology Management - demonstrate superior knowledge of interface support, LAN and network equipment and software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field
- Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
- Minimum 4 years
technical and managerial experience in Information Technology and Services
- Minimum 2 year supervisory experience
- Experience with telecom and Columbia/HCA systems preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Work is performed in an office environment.
Work may be stressful at times.
Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
HCA Inc - 9 months ago