The Network Operations/System Administrator is responsible for the performance, uptime, execution of in-house and data center hardware and software infrastructure. The Network Operations/Systems Administrator is also involved in projects involving the design and planning for client production services and server installations. The successful candidate will be competent with the theory and operation of production environment with application server, database server and different server operating systems. They will also be proficient with topics including security, high availability and disaster recovery.
They will be responsible for:
o Intel based servers which include Dell and HP
- Infrastructure monitoring of
o NAS storage device
o Routers and Switches
o Cisco Content Services Switches
o Network Operating Systems , including Windows and Linux
o Server Applications including IIS , Oracle DB, TOMCAT, MS- Exchange Server
o Microsoft Office Suite tools and other software
- Complete daily activities and any projects for new services related to our client's requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting activities and solutions and know when to escalate if appropriate
- Assure OS patches, upgrades and security issues are maintained to all current levels
- Verify Backup Completion
- Internal Desktop Support
A Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or other technical major is preferred but not required .
Related work experience, combined with appropriate certification may be substituted for educational requirements.
Please do not apply to this job if you do not live locally. No relocation. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Thank you.
- A minimum of (3) yea rs of hands on software and hardware experience
- Familiarity with maintaining Network infrastructure, Data Center activities, Security, High Availability Clusters, Storage Area Networking , Backups, and Disaster Recovery and Remote access.
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems and one or more versions of Unix /Linux is preferable.
- Familiarity with Web servers, Relational Databases, and Email servers
- Able to complete tasks with minimal instruction
- Self motivated with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills Mandatory
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to perform logical problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to follow through on assignments.
Monster - 2 years ago