Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), voted one of FORTUNE's '100 Fastest-Growing Companies', is a leading provider of automated retail solutions offering convenient services that make life easier for consumers and drive incremental traffic and revenue for retailers. The company’s core automated retail businesses include the well-known Redbox® self-service DVD rental and Coinstar® self-service coin-counting brands. The company has approximately 36,000 DVD kiosks and 20,600 coin-counting kiosks in supermarkets, drug stores, mass merchants, financial institutions, convenience stores, and restaurants. For more information, visit www.coinstarinc.com .
Network Operations Supervisor
The Network Operations Supervisor is responsible for all facets of the regional organizations network infrastructure, including administration, operational supervision, and troubleshooting to ensure efficient, stable, reliable, and secure operations of the regional organizations networking technologies. This will include co-supervision of our global network operational and technical support, working closely with systems and application administration teams, and supervising all business and technical aspects of running our network systems. This is a hands-on position and will include tactical and some strategic work. This position will provide leadership to a staff of technology resources and will oversee voice, video, and data networks, as well as third-party and vendor interfaces. The position will work closely with and report to the Sr. Manager of Infrastructure Operations. The position will work collaboratively with other Network Supervisors and decision makers across Corporate IT and the Lines of Business in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective and mission-critical network technology solutions for regional needs as well as other aspects of the organization’s network.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who is skilled at interacting with all levels of the organization, is an effective communicator, and can provide technology and people leadership. The Network Operations Supervisor, as part of a shared services organization, will be customer-oriented, results-driven, and passionate about enabling the mission and achieving the goals of the organization via network technological capabilities. This position also requires the ability to evaluate and partner internally and externally (business partners and vendors) on technology solutions using an ITIL-based methodology and approach, drive to recommendations, and help the Sr. Manager prepare proposals and materials to gain acceptance from peers and executive staff.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Establishing and maintaining an effective regional Network Operations team and staffing model that best meets the needs of the organization and provides strategies for continuous development and individual growth
- Serving as the team lead for the deployment, installation, administration and maintenance of LAN and WAN technologies
- Serving as the team lead for the resolution of all trouble calls, emails, and enters work orders into our Remedy tracking software and partners with the Network Operations Center to analyze and evaluate network infrastructure incident and problem management reports
- Serving as the team lead for troubleshooting operations, systems backups, and disaster recovery of network infrastructure
- Facilitation of regional team meetings and delivers informative, well-organized presentations when necessary
- Inventory and lifecycle management, to include the recommendation on purchasing of software licenses, software, hardware, and other equipment related to the network infrastructure
- Work with other Supervisors deploying, configuring, and managing infrastructure monitoring systems to support service levels
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Work with other Supervisors to develop and publish network infrastructure metrics and network statistics.
- Partner with other Corporate IT teams and Lines of Business on improvements on infrastructure performance
- Work with other Supervisors to develop and communicate operational policies and assist in creating standards for the organization
- Work with other Supervisors and actively participate and partner with Change Management ensuring all planned changes to the network infrastructure have met organizational compliance criteria and related policies.
- Ensure all changes to the production environment have been tested, documented, and approved prior to implementation
- Work with other Supervisors and the Sr. Manager to prepare annual capital and operating budgets and manage network vendor relations and associated costs
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- College degree or significant related work experience
- 5 Years experience in Medium to Large Enterprise data networks
- Installing and deploying production data switches, WAPs, and routers
- Administering production data switches, WAP’s and routers
- Creating and/or maintaining data network documentation
- Licenses & Certifications (some, all of the following, or equivalent):
- Juniper JNCIA-Junos or greater
- Cisco CCNA (or greater)
- CompTIA Network+
- Any ITIL, Six Sigma, Microsoft MCP related to systems and networking
- Network project coordination or management
- Skilled in using network utilities and appliances for administration and monitoring
- Team leadership or management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
sologig - 10 months ago