The National Cyber Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA) brings public and private industry together to research and identify current and emerging cyber crime threats.
Our organization strives to achieve professional and technical excellence, build lasting professional relationships and make a difference in society. We hire employees who are passionate about what they do and we promote a culture of integrity and hard work. At the end of the day, NCFTA employees know that they have made a difference through their contributions.
We are currently seeking a network security engineer to oversee network and security architecture and operations of Enterprise Infrastructure. This individual will be responsible for the research, deployment, and maintenance of information technology security hardware and software systems to protect company data from being compromised.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Hands on configuration and support of routers, firewalls, switches, VPN, access points and other network devices.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge in the best practices and technological developments concerning information technology risk management, focusing on network and system security, as well as computer forensics.
- Researches current hacker tactics to architect systems or processes to counteract threats to the company's computing environment. Presents technical information and makes risk mitigation recommendations
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- Designs, establishes and implements network policies and procedures
- Security log management and monitoring
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems operations
- Vulnerability detection, assessment, and mitigation
- Risk assessment and deployment of security patches.
- Antivirus management and operations.
- Maintaining information security metrics.
- Enterprise encryption standards development and support
- 5+ years of experience with Windows based operating systems to include XP, Windows 7, 2008
- 3+ years experience, knowledge of and familiarity with deploying and supporting network technologies including Cisco firewalls, routers, switches, Access Control Lists and route filters.
- Cisco Certified Security Specialist Certification or equivalent a plus
- Intermediate to expert knowledge with firewall, IDS/IPS, virus protection and content filtering, and virtualization technologies such as VMWare
- Knowledge of common protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, LDAP, KERBEROS, RADIUS and FTP
- Experience with Information Security Policy development
- Experience with open source and commercial vulnerability assessment tools
- Experience with security data management tools such as Splunk
- Understanding of network traffic analysis