Summary of Position: The Network Specialist performs customer support activities for multiple applications on
diverse hardware platforms. The Network Specialist will interface directly with end-users to resolve business issues.
active and archived file locations, and working the support desk to resolve end user issues.
- Maintains customer networks and server infrastructures by managing backups, regulating space allocation in the
patch cables for copper and fiber, and configuring switches or routers.
- Performs installation of component level data communication and networking system products.
- Completes wireless surveys of customer sites for future deployment of wireless networks.
- Configures access points or WLAN controllers to work with the customer networks.
- Performs LAN/WAN duties to include; inventorying, labeling, upgrading IOS codes, rack mounting, running
wireless IP phones around the project site.
- Performs Voice and UC installation/maintenance duties to include; inventorying, labeling, and configuring
- Assembles and operates equipment for customer demonstrations and evaluations.
- Participates in weekly, status conference calls and Quarterly Review meetings, to review project short/long term
- Performs numerous departmental administrative tasks as well as on-site installations, maintenance and repair
- Assists in the development of formal sales proposals.
- Engages in continuous learning to stay abreast on new and emerging technologies.
Basic Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
2+ years of experience with Cisco Routing and Switching
Experience working with Microsoft Technologies including Active Directory and Exchange
problem-solving and decision-making.
- Proficiency in the English language and reading comprehension.
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills with a strong service orientation focus.
- Effective interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Operative active learning skills to understand the implications of new information for both current and future
- Strong time management to effectively and efficiently manage one’s own time.
- The ability to effectively instruct others on how to complete a task or activity.
- Ability to solve problems using inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Ability to develop solutions based on a set of specific rules or guidelines.
- Ability to sense and forecast problem areas.
- Ability to see details at a close range.
- Excellent oral and written communication and expression skills, to include effective presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member.
- Ability to perform tasks with moderate supervision.
A drive for Achievement and Effort, Adaptability/Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Analytical Thinking, Teamwork,
Dependability, Initiative, Integrity, Persistence, Stress Tolerance.
May involve extensive periods of standing, walking, bending, sitting, use of electronic tools and equipment, and
lifting small to large boxes and electronic equipment
Presidio Networked Solutions, Inc. is an AA/EEO/M/F/D/V employer