Network Specialist II / Jr. Systems Engineer
Education B.S. Degree or 10 years equivalent experience
Experience 3-5 years
Citizenship Requirement (US Citizen)
Clearance Required Top Secret
Location Washington D.C.
List of project(s) or duties currently being worked by the individual.
Development support (application upgrades and troubleshooting for Web (IIS 6, IIS 7.5) and Application Servers)
Backup and Recovery
Specific role of the individual in the project (i.e., lead, developer, production control, etc.) and % of time dedicated to project(s). Be as specific as possible.
VMWare (Participant – 10%)
Web and Application Support/Troubleshooting (Participant – 70%)
Backup and Recovery (Participant – 5%)
SharePoint Implementation (Participant – 5%)
MS Windows (10%)
Size of team working the project(s).
Development support (5)
Backup and Recover (3)
Active Directory (5)
Avamar backups (2)
Impact to the project(s) if not position is not filled.
Software release support and application troubleshooting support. This work would have to be shifted to other team members without a backfill, impacting the timeliness of response
Assessment of whether the workload of this individual can be redistribution amongst remaining team members.
The workload of the (2) remaining senior engineers is beyond capacity, and a lack of resources supporting application support and troubleshooting will make redistribution a challenge.
Impact to schedule/workload if position is not filled.
Due to the complexity of this environment the workload of our senior engineers is disproportionately heavier than that of less experienced engineers. Many of the problems we encounter require institutional knowledge, and/or years of systems operations and software release experience to solve. Not having a junior engineer will increase workload on the senior and will negatively impact the bureau. Unplanned outages will take longer to resolve, and the quality of support OAB will be able to offer to existing and future projects suffer.
(MS Windows) (10 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
The Junior Systems Engineer shall perform systems design, administration, maintenance, and support of physical and virtual servers located locally and remote in a 24/7 enterprise production environment.
The Junior Systems Engineer shall perform infrastructure changes, performance tuning, backups, and migrations.
The Junior Systems Engineer shall provide infrastructure support to developers working on applications that use Microsoft Windows and Linux as a platform.
The Junior Systems Engineer must be able to support weekend infrastructure and release nights (typically once or twice a month on Friday’s from 7 p.m. – Midnight). The Junior Systems Engineer must be able work till 7 p.m. daily (10 a.m. – 7 p.m.).
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills in Microsoft Windows server operating system 2008/2008 R2
- Extensive experience with system monitoring tools (e.g.,NetIQ AppManager Suite, SolarWinds, Spotlight
- Experience with virtual server technology – VMWare ESX/ESXi 4.x (or later)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 in production environment
- Experience with NetIQ monitoring tools.
- 5+ years experience in Microsoft Windows 2003 or above administration and server maintenance and system integration
- 4+ Experience with system monitoring tools
- 3+ years experience with VMWare ESX/ESXi administration and support
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) or The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) -- Windows Server 2008 track
Link Solutions, Inc. is an EOE. AA/M/F/D/V. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.