Position Purpose -
Under general supervision, responsible for complex engineering and/or analytical activities associated with one or more technical areas within the Operations area such as, but not limited to, network design, engineering, server hardware and operating systems, implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance or operations/user support of enterprise operations and software.. The main responsibilities of this position are Microsoft Exchange Administration, Open Text Email Archiving and Open Text Enterprise Content Management support.
This position will be filled at the level according to the candidate's experience and education level:
Network Systems Engineer - Intermediate
Network Systems Engineer - Senior
For immediate position consideration, please apply online: www.lge-ku.com
Major Accountabilities -
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex network/server or software system problems.
• Addresses difficult operating matters involving communication technology hardware and software across multiple platforms. Guides less experienced personnel in problem resolution activities and resolves more complex technology issues.
• Demonstrates proficiency in project planning and management. Identifies resource needs for projects and manages within budgetary constraints.
• Guides in performance monitoring and tuning of software systems. Completes trend analysis and development of proactive capacity and performance plans.
• Guides in engineering, design, and project management of software systems projects. Develops and maintains diagrams documenting company networks.
• Guides in technology evaluation and selection processes, ensuring compatibility between client requirements and technical performance. Documents analysis and recommends direction.
• Effectively communicates with clients, peers and supervision by blending appropriate levels of technical and business detail to ensure issues are thoroughly understood by his/her audience. Develop and maintain relationships with clients, peers, vendors and management.
• Works in conjunction with IT Security to ensure that company security is not compromised.
• Jointly participates with Security and Administration to develop satisfactory backup and restore practices as well as disaster recovery planning and testing.
• Guides in establishing processes and procedures that streamline and reduce costs.
• Guides in managing cost and timelines of Capital and Operational and Maintenance budget activities for Systems Architecture.
• Possesses a detailed knowledge of various technologies and demonstrates the ability to leverage and appropriately integrate those technologies within the current environment. Balances technology integration alternatives and recommends action with consideration to both technical efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develops/reports Service Level Agreements and Key Service Indicators to management.
• Support growth of LGE-KU NERC CIP compliance
• Assist clients in the design and implementation of automated systems, procedures, and methods to facilitate NERC CIP compliance
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education/Experience -
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or an alternate combination of education and experience which results in the equivalent job knowledge and skills. Possesses 4-6 years of Systems support experience. Continuing education courses/technical seminars helpful.
Special Qualifications -
A successful academic or work background indicating a demonstrated ability to absorb information, apply conceptual skills in practical applications, achieve desired results in a highly technical, operating environment. Incumbent must effectively deal with the rapid technological and business change while maintaining enthusiasm and displaying sound judgment and common sense.
City of Louisville, KY - 10 months ago