Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services Corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Information Technology team.
This position is responsible for providing high level support to the LAN and in depth LAN expertise to WAN, and Network Enviroiment.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Perform LAN administration duties, software and hardware installation with little or no direct supervision.
• Implement Solutions and project plans in a networked environment.
• Assist in the preparation of project plans for the completion of IT projects from analysis through implementation. Prepare written documents that describe the various components required in the completion of projects.
• Analyze and provide performance information to RC management.
• Perform troubleshooting and problem solving of various network components including server, desktops, laptops, network switches and routers.
• Assist with requirements analysis, product evaluation and development of recommendations re PC and LAN products including development efforts, network and network products.
• Troubleshoot and plan also configure network devices (Cisco, Citrix)
• Other duties as assigned.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA /BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience.
• 3-5 years experience in network/systems administration in a Novell Netware environment w/MSCE preferred in technical support of IBM-compatibles, in a multi-platform environment including Novell Netware, Windows Servers and UNIX.
• Knowledge of PC/LAN Hardware and software implementation.
• Indepth knowledge of Novell Netware and Network administration.
• Indepth knowledge of Microsoft NT and Windows 2000.
• Solid workstations configuration and troubleshooting for DOS, Windows XP, Windows 7, Vista.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Netscape.
• CCNA and or equivalent experience plus network security experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Netware 6.5, MS Exchange, TCP/IP.
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
ICMA-RC - 8 months ago