Posting Title |
Network Virtualization Platform System Engineer - NYC area
Nicira, part of the VMware (NYSE: VMW) family, brings incredible, new features and capabilities to the VMware virtual networking portfolio. Our products, technology and team, combined with the existing network and security solutions at VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, form one of the fundamental building blocks in the Software-Defined Datacenter Strategy at VMware. Innovative companies such as AT&T, DreamHost, eBay, NTT and Rackspace use our products to accelerate service delivery from weeks to minutes, transforming their cloud data center operations and economics. Be an integral part of the future of the software-defined datacenter, learn more at www.nicira.com and join our team today!
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technologies. Our team of 12,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
The Charter of the VMware Network Virtualization Platform (NVP) overlay team is to be the field experts related to the technology acquired from Nicira. The team will be responsible for working with the VMware Network Virtualization & Security Center of Excellence, Product Management, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of NVP in cloud computing environments.
As a VMware Network Virtualization Platform Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for communicating the NVP value directly to customers and partners. You will be responsible for identifying sales opportunities within accounts and issues that may affect customer satisfaction or revenue attainment. You will be completely focused on the NVP platform and associated technologies which enable it.
- Present NVP vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures and how to technically sell against them
- Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects
- Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Nicira products
- Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers
- Focused on the top 200 service provider accounts and able to qualify if NVP is, or is not, a fit
- 5+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise, federal and service provider environments
- Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer
- Startup mentality - “whatever it takes”
- Core values and traits
o Huge desire to give back to your team
o Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
o Competitive by nature
- Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation
- Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills
- Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Xen / KVM / Hyper-V.
- Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, DyanmicOps
- Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based
- Ability to communicate with Network Architects
- Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management
- Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
- Ability to run NVP Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity
- Ability to deliver basic NVP training sessions as part of the pre-sales process
New York, NY, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware - 10 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...