CONNEX CREDIT UNION is a full-service financial institution open to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in New Haven, Hartford or Middlesex County. Each member has a share in the credit union and helps to guide our direction. As a non-profit, member-owned organization, we have historically been able to charge less for loans and services, while paying very competitive rates on deposits.
We are currently looking for a sales- and service-minded individual to help increase membership in our branches. This position will be based in our Orange branch, but will also travel to other branches to provide coverage as needed.
JOB STATEMENT: The primary function of this position is to assist the Credit Union in achieving its Mission to improve the lives of our members, one member at a time. To achieve this mission, the person in this role must provide outstanding service to both internal and external members as defined by our Service Promises and Service Standards. A key component of this service delivery is to identify the member’s financial needs and offer a Credit Union Solution. In addition, the position is responsible for all record keeping and security of the branch office.
The person in this role helps drive business within the branch. In addition, this person is responsible for representing the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner and provides prompt, quality service to the membership.
The New Account Representative is responsible for membership growth through the expansion of member relationships under the supervision of the Branch Manager. This includes supervising any branch personnel in the absence of the Branch Manager. The New Accounts Representative is also responsible for helping establish and attain sales and service goals under the supervision of the Branch Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, and duties may be assigned.
1. Greets current and perspective members who enters branch.
- Explains value of credit union membership
- Analyzes new member credit reports for membership needs and opportunities, both on with loans and deposits
- Leads with the direct deposit relationship to build the relationship
- Qualifies, opens or assists in opening any deposit accounts
- Sets up, or assists in the set up of payroll, direct deposit and internal Transfers of accounts
- Listens to members needs attentively
- Identifies needs of members and resolve them
- Suggests products that meet members needs
2. Researches and resolves member problems.
- Assists members in completing consumer and home equity lending information
- Explains basic loan policies
- Sells and cross sells loan products to current and perspective members
3. Performs preliminary review of member’s financial status.
4. Provides assistance to members seeking solutions on financial matters that relate to Credit Union products & services
5. Prepares applications, types and processes paperwork
6. Assumes responsibilities for branch office in the absence of manager or in one-person branches
7. Assists with the appearance and professionalism of the branch including maintaining and utilizing all Marketing provided.
8. Maintains and develops knowledge of the competition and uses that knowledge for cross-selling.
9. Adheres to all credit union policies and procedures and supports the culture of the organization.
10. Must have an average Quality Loop Score of at least 6.5.
11. Must have an average Internal Service Score of at least 4.3.
12. Maintains an average annual Project Knowledge assessment score of 90%.
Assumes responsibilities for the branch office in the absence of the manager.
Job Requirements :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Well-rounded knowledge of the Credit Union and or lending industry, regulations and operation.
Strong selling skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Demonstrate high degree of diplomacy
Sound judgment skills
Work well independently
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing to superiors, subordinates and members.
Ability to problem solve in a concise, logical and timely manner.
Promotes positive behaviors and cooperation among peers and staff through example.
Ability to supervise a diverse work group required.
Knowledge of applicable federal rules and regulations.
Continued education through selected training courses.
After hours meeting required.
Windows, Microsoft Word & Excel skills
40 hours per week, some Saturdays
Pursuant to the mandate of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act), this is notification that this position requires registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry as required by the S.A.F.E. Act. We will assist employees with the submission of information required by the regulation.