POSITION: New Business Consultant (Inside Sales)
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Sales & Service
REPORTS TO: Manager of Group and Inside Sales
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CAPSULE POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is seeking positive and passionate individuals that are committed to becoming sales and service leaders in the sports and entertainment industry. This position is a 12 month career growth-oriented sales development program which will focus on developing the skills and knowledge needed to become a senior sales professional. The intention of this program is to grow the Consultants’ skills to a level that will warrant a promotion to a full time sales position in the sports industry upon the successful completion of the program.
Successful individuals should possess a burning desire to start a career with a sound foundation in the sports industry. Additionally, a high level of professionalism, competitiveness, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and an eagerness to learn are a must. Individuals must also possess strong communication skills, comfort with cold calls and computer proficiency.
Responsibilities will include generating new revenue through the selling of premium seating, season and partial ticket plans, and group tickets for the San Antonio Spurs, Rampage, Silver Stars, and AT&T Center Family Shows.
The person in this position must support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, and innovation.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrated alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaboration with key internal/external resources and 3) Ongoing self development.
KRA'S (Key Responsibility Areas):
1. Proactively sell new full season tickets, partial plans and group tickets for all SS&E properties via phone calls, prospecting, referrals, face-to-face appointments and in-arena appointments with a strong focus on relationship sales and customer retention.
2. Develop relationships, set face-to-face appointments (both externally and at the AT&T Center) and show seats to potential customers with the objective to close new business. Make 80-100+ outbound phone calls daily.
3. Continuously look for ways to develop and grow new and existing customer relationships through seat visits, prospecting, referrals and other ticket sales initiatives (sales booths, in-house events and off-site community events) Maintain electronic records of all customers and prospects with our CRM system.
4. Greet, Support, and Serve current and potential clients daily and at games. Work games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
5. Collaboration with key internal/external resources.
6. Commit to on-going sales training and development of best sales practices through weekly meetings and role-play sessions. Attend all other sales department meetings and customer service events as assigned.
The following measurement methods are intended to provide a sound basis for assessing the performance of the jobholder in this position. Although numerous methods are listed as suggested measurements the supervisor may elect to select only specific ones based on the need of the company at any point in time.
- Vision, Mission and Values alignment.
- Internal / external customer surveys.
- Achievement of Business Unit’s strategic plan.
- Direct business results.
- IDP/self development goal achievement.
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing a related field or equivalent job experience in a related field.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Drive and desire to be a sales industry leader.
- Ability to work as a team player while being open and willing to learn.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, some holidays, and event nights.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Commitment to personal integrity.
- SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please briefly list your previous sales and marketing/promotion experiences.
2. Please provide an example of a time where you were proud of your service skills.
3. Please describe an opportunity you have taken in the past year to further your personal growth.
4. Do you have a flexible availability, including the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed?
The American Hockey League - 20 months ago