Saama Technologies, Inc. is a pure-play data science solutions and services company, focused on solving the data management and advanced analytics challenges of the world’s leading brands.
We turn raw data into analytics driven decisions, using data science to identify the micro-needles of valuable data in today’s digital haystacks. We focus on the complete life cycle of data insights from data management to advanced analytics.
With a growing list of Fortune 500 customers who rely on Saama to solve their most challenging business problems, we’re expanding our workforce globally to support the demands.
Saama is led by a Board of Directors and recently expanded Executive team that has experience growing some of the valley's best companies to work for - like HP, Silicon Graphics/SGI, and NVIDIA. We're on the path to do it again at Saama. Come join the team!
What You'll Do:
Our DNA is D&A, Data and Analytics. Whether you are leveraging big data architecture coupled with machine learning to understand mobile network behavior, creating solutions for insurance companies using big data analytics to predict and mitigate fraud risk, or helping healthcare organizations improve patient relationships by deploying a solution to interpret sentiment within internal data and unstructured social media, you will have the opportunity to work with a range of customers to create solutions that have a real business impact.
This is an entry-level program where you will start by spending 3 months training with our Data and Analytics experts learning leading edge technologies and Saama’s methodical and effective approach to data. The training takes place in the up and coming “International Silicon Valley,” Pune, India so the ability to travel internationally is required. During training you will learn:
- A variety of cutting edge tools used for Data Analytics ranging from Informatica, Business Objects, Tableau, Microstrategy, Xcelcius, etc.
- Technologies and techniques to navigate data streams in a range of databases using Oracle, Teradata and SQL
- Concepts on Dimensional Modeling for data warehousing design and Data Science
After successfully completing the training program you’ll be assigned to one of Saama’s client teams working on-site at Fortune 500 companies to solve their most challenging business problems.
We will provide you support and other ongoing training to ensure you are extremely successful and most importantly enjoy what you are doing!
- Keen interest in Data and Analytics with a great problem solver attitude
- Degree/Minors in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant fields
- Solid understanding and knowledge on Databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Big plus: Knowledge on Big Data technologies (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Cassandra)
- Helpful if you’ve taken classes on or pertaining to: Information Visualization, Information Retrieval, Knowledge Discovery from Data, or Advanced Databases
What We Offer:
Here at Saama we have a deep commitment to our employees and recognize our most important customer is our employee. We aim to offer you excellent career opportunities with amazing growth by providing:
- A challenging environment and opportunity to work with a diverse array of top companies and projects in industries such as Life Sciences, Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, High Tech, and Media
- A chance to work with relevant and cutting-edge technologies to analyze and solve our customer’s complex business problems with extremely passionate team members
- A growing company with a culture that highly values intellectual curiosity, taking calculated risks, executing with speed, and treating employees and customers with integrity
We want you to contribute your very best at Saama, and we’re committed to providing competitive benefits to support you and your family. We provide a best of the industry benefits package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Company Matched 401k, Employee Stock Options, Relocation, and an Employee Loan Program .
At Saama we believe work-life balance enhances the quality of life for our employees. We offer generous time-off policies and service recognition awards that allow additional time off plus an expense paid vacation . We also enjoy hosting regular company events because we know family and friends play an important role in your life and we want them to be part of the Saama family too.
Saama Technologies is one of the largest pure-play Data Management & Business Analytics services companies in the industry. We have over...