Posting Title |
New College Graduate- Member of Technical Staff - Management Platform
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
Why work for our Division
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
VCenter Core Team: Engineers on the VCenter Core Team are interested in systems architecture, systems software, and distributed systems. They are given the task of designing and implementing novel operating system techniques and algorithms for managing both virtual and real computer hardware. They work on harnessing the power of highly sophisticated computer and storage hardware.
- Design & develop scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications
- Provide architectural vision and hands-on technical leadership to a team building large mission-critical systems
- Build three-tier applications and design for performance, reliability and scalability
- Anticipate future customer requirements and deliver them on an aggressive schedule
- BS/MS or Ph. D in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent program
- Strong experience with C/C++/Java programming, system architecture and algorithms
- A passion for writing high-quality, well-architected and well-documented code
- Excellent understanding of how to use various algorithms to write optimized code
-Experience on advanced development in Distributed Systems, Messaging, Security, and Databases highly desirable
- Experience in object-oriented design methodology and techniques
-Understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage and networking is highly desirable
- Must be comfortable developing for Windows and/or Linux environments
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time position for a New College Graduate and is located in our headquarters in Palo Alto, California
Palo Alto, CA, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in...