Scientific and technological innovation is at the heart of bioMérieux's strategy. A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for more than 45 years, bioMérieux designs, develops, produces, and markets diagnostic systems for medical and industrial applications. bioMérieux's solutions (reagents, instruments, software, and services) are used to determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
To fulfill its mission to improve public health worldwide, bioMérieux is present in more than 150 countries through 41 subsidiaries. Its world headquarters are located in the Lyon area in France.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
Positions in St. Louis, MO and Durham, NC
As a New Graduate - Biomathematics/Biostatistics you will perform data analyses and provide mathematical and statistical support for all functional areas of the company as well as develop and implement mathematical techniques to better utilize company resources.
• Provide guidance and instruction on appropriate statistical evaluation methods and practices.
• Apply appropriate statistical techniques to anecdotal or experimental data as requested by clients.
• Create suitable research designs and methods and formulate realistic plans for data analyses.
• Effectively communicate technical results to a wide variety of clients by clearly summarizing findings in oral, written, and graphical forms.
• Assist clients with interpretation of statistical results.
• Create new analytical techniques to better utilize company resources.
• Ensure that deliverables are developed, documented, and verified/validated in compliance with established company design control regulations.
Bachelors or Masters degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, or related discipline.
SAS programming and data management experience preferred (including macros, SQL, and accessing relational databases).
Aptitude in creative critical thinking.
Excellent written and oral technical communication skills.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Familiarity with or interest in biology, microbiology, and biochemistry.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V***