Apply now for our August 2013 Nurse Residency Program and you will see how this Program will maximize your skills and minimize your stress as you transition into a rewarding nursing career at Holy Cross Hospital. Encouraging professional growth is the driving force behind all of our accolades. That's why we're proud to offer a Nurse Residency Program for motivated new grads like youself.
As a result of participating in the Nurse Residency Program, the new graduate nurse will:
Criteria for admission:
- Transition from advanced beginner toward competent professional nurse in the clinical environment
- Develop effective decision-making skills related to clinical judgment and performance
- Develop autonomy at the point of care
- Strengthen commitment to nursing as a professional career choice
- Formulate an individual development plan as related to their new clinical role
- Incorporate research-based evidence linked to outcomes in to practice
***If hired, these documents will be required.
- New graduate of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or master's entry into practice programs;
- Florida RN licensure prior to hire;
- Minimum GPA of 3.0;
- BLS through the American Heart Association
- No previous nursing experience in an acute care facility;
- *** two letters of reference 1) clinical instructor and 2) professor & Official Transcript
- Willingness to commit to the one year necessary to complete the Residency Program plus one additional year of full time, continuous employment at Holy Cross Hospital
- willingness to attend monthly 4-hour seminars for the duration of one year;
- Willingness to adhere to all institutional guidelines as a member of the professional nursing staff
- Willingness to develop and utilize mentor relationships
- Willingness to participate actively in learning experiences
Key Curricular Threads:
All applications will be reviewed and those applicants we are interested in speaking with further, will be contacted in June, 2013.
- Critical thinking
- Patient safety - minimizing risk
- Research based practice
- Professional development
Encouraging professional growth is the driving force behind all of our accolades. That's why we're proud to offer a Nurse Residency Program for motivated new grads like you.
P lease note: You do not need to apply for other RN positions on this website as all new graduates must be accepted into the Nurse Residency Program before they can be assigned to a specialty area.
Holy Cross Hospital - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -