The candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating cross-functional development teams for introducing new products and solutions in Process Systems Solutions (PSS) business unit in accordance with the New Product Development (NPD) stage-gate process.
The successful candidate will need to coordinate cross-functional teams in the definition of the NPD scope and deliverables, as well as to plan and manage the organization readiness for the successful launches of the assigned NPD projects.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing NPD plans in accordance with PSS NPD stage-gate process:
- Stage-gate deliverables
- Work breakdown structure of the NPD gate deliverables
- Timelines to achieve the first-production-ship-date (FPSD)
- Risk mitigation plan
- Gate-review preparation and scheduling
- Communication plan for team and stakeholders
- Organization readiness plan
- Manage the stage-gate deliverables schedule, including the FPSD, to ensure that new products or solutions are launched successfully and on-time.
- Work with department leaders to ensure proper allocation of resources and technical expertise for the programs or projects.
- Organize and facilitate regular team meetings and gate reviews.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, including key executives (stakeholders) on project status updates (orally or in writings).
- Prioritize and actively mitigate project risks in accordance with plan.
- Create and maintain project documentation including status reports, meeting minutes, NPD schedules, changes, issues, gate reviews, and team presentations. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Actively manage changes (scope, schedule and cost).
- Work with Director of NPD to identify and implement NPD process improvement plans that are identified during self assessments and/or Emerson Capability Appraisal Method (ECAM).
- Maintain familiarity with project management and industry standard practices and promote best practices.
- Support portfolio management and prioritization activities as needed
- Travel – approximately less than 10%, including overseas
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science + 8 years of experience; OR MS Engineering or Comp. Science + 7 years of experience or, similar technical degree
- 5 to 10 years of software and hardware development
- 5 years in a project manager role involving new products development
- 2+ years managing or leading others in a supervisory role or functional management role
- Experience working with people from multiple geographies and cultures (e.g. Americas, Europe, Asia)
- Demonstrated communication skills – verbal, written and presentation (must be an extremely effective communicator)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, think critically, solve problem and take action to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to complete programs with meticulous attention to detail.
- Is a proactive self-starter.
- Knowledge of MS Office and MS Project.
- Experienced with product development of control or automation systems, especially DeltaV and DeltaV SIS
- Formal training in project management and/or project management certification (PMP) strongly preferred.
- Familiarity or experience with an NPD stage-gate process.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects (programs) simultaneously, large and small.
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint.
Emerson Process Management is a leading supplier of process management products and solutions, including control valves, regulators, transmitters, analyzers, and automation and safety systems. Its Process Systems and Solutions business makes automation, safety, and operations management systems – built on the proven PlantWeb digital plant architecture – to help plants run more safely, reliably and efficiently.
Experience the Rewards
As part of Emerson Process Management, Process Systems & Solutions (PSS) has expertise and capabilities in all phases of the process automation lifecycle from early planning and design, through project engineering, project execution, commissioning and ongoing operations.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package to include medical, prescription drug, and dental plans; 401k with company match; profit-sharing; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; educational assistance in form of tuition reimbursement; short-term and long-term disability plans; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Process Systems and Solutions' policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.
Emerson Process Management - 20 months ago
Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production,...