This position is located at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift; schedule will include Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Internal candidates only (current Sharp HealthCare employees)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year experience in an Acute Care hospital preferred
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Good computer skills required
- Current CPR certification required
- CNA certification preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Employee performs newborn hearing screening exams. Completes data entry, maintains equipment, orders supplies and paperwork related to the newborn hearing-screening program. Provides for appropriate communication of hearing screening results and follow-up scheduling of outpatient appointments per hearing screening results.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year and is part of the Sharp HealthCare system, which won the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Located in San Diego, it is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. In 2009 and 2010, the hospital received the Press Ganey Summit Award for physician satisfaction scores above the 95th percentile or above for their two most recent physician partnership reports
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
- 2 years ago - save job