This US Global Enterprise Theater team supports top financial clients and seeks a Network Consulting Engineer to help customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The NCE delivers the technologies, solutions and services clients' need to expertly manage their networks and meet their business requirements. This role is in a fast-paced, high-impact environment.
The successful candidate is a creative problem solver and collaborator, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
Core Responsibilities include:
• Acts as a focal point for highly complex network problem resolution.
• Provides remote or onsite deployment support.
• Assists customer with design & deployment of complex network architectural solutions.
• Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking designs.
• Reviews Implementation Plans and Designs.
• Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
• Develop test plans and provide technical oversight to large testing/qualification efforts i.e. ECATs engagements.
• Identify, document, and share network design best practices & recommendations.
Non-Technical Skills required:
• Ability to work directly with client with a demonstrated ability to relate to customer representatives at various levels from engineer up to CIO.
• Ability to deal with high pressure situations and quick changing circumstances.
• Self-sufficient and collaborative to meet global client goals as well as desire to work as One Services Team with other theater NCEs.
• Ability to collaborate with account teams, customer, BU, and internal test organizations to represent client's needs and drive to resolution.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and team work skills.
Technical Skills required:
• Expert level knowledge in TWO of the following and strong knowledge in all other areas of: IP internetworking, LAN Switching, IP Telephony, SAN, DCN, Wireless, IP Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), Multicast, QoS, IPv6, MPLS .
• In-depth/hands-on working knowledge of Cat6500, Cat4500/4900, Nexus 2k/5k/7k and other related switches/platforms.
• Strong internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
• Must possess strong technical account management skills.
Position typically requires BS, CS, or University degree equivalent plus 6-8 years experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment with proven experience in supporting clients in the field. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Location in New Jersey or New York metro area is required.
Cisco Systems - 2 years ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...