The night crew clerk or non-checking clerk maintains and replenishes general department (grocery, frozen foods, liquor, non foods and health and beauty care), merchandise.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Ordering general department merchandise.
- Unloading trailers, receiving merchandise, breaking down pallets, positioning cases of product in the warehouse, sales floor or walk-in cooler.
- Keeping shelves full and faced, building attractive floor, aisle and frontend displays.
- Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the proper use of product shelf tags and signage.
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas, including well swept aisles.
- Attentively stocking dated perishable products, rotating items as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of a wide variety general department products (grocery, frozen food, HBC, non-foods, liquor, DSD and dairy), including their locations in the store.
- Memorize product locations.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to fill and rotate products quickly and use necessary equipment, including box cutters..
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 – 50lbs.
- Lift 50 and maneuver up to 100 lbs, while breaking down large and very heavy pallet loads of produce cases, boxes and bags.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers.
- If called upon, night crew clerks may need to learn use of cash registers.
- A friendly and positive attitude towards customers and team members.
- A desire to greet, engage with and sincerely thank the customer
- An outstanding work ethic and a desire to constantly improve one’s work performance.
- Ability to work well with others, helping to support each team member’s effort to succeed.
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to new jobs, schedules, team members, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn quickly and a desire to learn and do more.
- Ability to think through one’s decisions, solving problems and coming up with solutions.
- 2 years ago - save job
Bashas', founded by brothers Ike and Eddie Basha Sr., is a dynamic, growing company competing in the most hotly contested grocery...