Job Title: Night School Paraprofessional
Location: Independence High School
Terms of Employment: Part Time
Salary Classification: $36.50 per Night School Session
Nature and Scope of Job:
The purpose of a Night School paraprofessional’s job is to assist in maximizing student learning as deemed necessary and/or required to meet the personal and academic needs of each student under the direction of the Night School instructor(s) and/or the Night School administrator.
1. Assist in implementing the Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) that meet individual student needs and abilities within Sweetwater School District #1 curriculum as directed by the Night School instructor(s) and/or the Night School administrator.
2. Facilitate in the supervision and classroom management of all students as directed by the Night School instructor(s) and/or the Night School administrator.
3. Assist the Night School instructor(s) and/or the Night School administrator in preparing the learning environment, materials, and equipment for use in specific instructional programs.
4. Maintain instructional area in a clean and orderly manner.
5. Maintain confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parent/guardian in any public setting and choose the appropriate tiem, place, and supervisor to discuss problems.
6. Use positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with student and other personnel at all times.
7. Perform any other assigned duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
Possess group dynamics and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of psychological, emotional, and educational behavioral development of children.
Knowledge of classroom management skills which include discipline as well as record keeping and assessment ability.
Possess technological and computer skills.
Ability to think clearly and calculate accurately.
Abilitiy to work with people of various personality types.
Ability to follow and sucessfully complete both written and oral directions.
Education, License, Certification or Formal Training
Professional Teaching Standards Board issued Classroom Substitute Teaching Permit
Be able to stand, walk, and sit for long periods without fatigue or discomfort.
Be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Be able to push up to 200 pounds up to 30 feet.
Be able to pull up to 100 pounds up to 50 feet. Be able to carry up to 25 pounds up to 100 feet.
Be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, talk, hear, and see.
Be able to spend most of the time inside classrooms with some work outside in cold/hot weather.
Be able to tolerate noise up to 90 decibels.
k12jobspot.com - 30+ days ago