PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FREQUENCY: |
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.Makes an effort to learn customer’s names and to address them by name whenever possible.Assists customers by: (examples include)Escorting them to the products they are looking forSecuring products that are out of reachLoading or unloading heavy itemsMaking note of passing along customer suggestions or requestsPerforming other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience Answers the telephone promptly when called upon and provides friendly helpful service to customers who call.Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.Unloads trucks, opens containers, stocks shelves, runs overstock on risers and rotates product.Monitors for miss-picked items, reviews product outs, wrong deliveries, etc.Organizes stock for greatest efficiency, cleans and restocks damaged items.Tags the shelves with overstock in the back room and understock drawers.Reports all new or different items for the scanning coordinator for input into the system.Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personalhygiene and dress.Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.Reports to work when scheduled, on time, and works the scheduled number of hoursSECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Must be able to physically perform very heavy work, exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at 20 feet or more, as well as, clarity of vision at 20 inches or less; mid-range vision, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- The following physical activities are necessary to perform this job:
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- 2 years ago - save job
Give Hy-Vee a high five for being one of the largest privately owned US supermarket chains, despite serving some modestly sized towns in the...