M7 NoSQL Engineer – All levels
MapR is experiencing explosive growth and is recognized as the premier Hadoop Distribution by delivering on the promise of an enterprise grade Big Data platform. MapR supports a broad set of mission critical and real time production uses by improving on the core Hadoop distribution.
M7 Enterprise Database Edition offering includes our ground breaking NoSQL distributed database. M7 is easy to use, extremely reliable, and the fastest NoSQL DB product that is architected ground up to eliminate many of the limitations that are common with other NoSQL databases.
The Cool Stuff:
The stuff you'll need to succeed:
- Be part of the mission to make M7 the best NoSQL database product.
- Work in small groups of extremely talented and dedicated individuals in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and implement differentiated features with a focus on performance and scalability to 1000s of nodes and petabytes of data.
- Analyze performance and scalability bottlenecks and make M7 blazingly fast.
- Location: San Jose, CA in the heart of Silicon Valley
The stuff that would be nice to have:
- Passionate about learning new technology, take pride in code quality and a self-starter
- Strong C/C++ background building enterprise-grade systems software (e.g. DBMS kernel, file system, middleware).
- Experience building and delivering multi-threaded scalable and distributed systems
- Strong system-level troubleshooting skills
About MapR Technologies:
- Experience with scalable systems design and implementation
- Familiarity with Apache Hadoop HBase or other open source projects
- BS or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
MapR Technologies provides the leading distribution for Hadoop. MapR’s Hadoop stack combines optimized versions of open source technologies including Apache HBase, Hive, Pig, and MapReduce, an enterprise-grade NoSQL solution in M7, a powerful data management layer and enterprise reliability features to power companies’ Big Data analytical needs. Founded in 2009, MapR is well funded by leading VCs, already has substantial revenue and carries an enviable customer base that includes leading Fortune 100 companies as well as top technology companies.
MapR is an equal opportunity employer.
MapR Technologies, Inc. - 30+ days ago