Kimball Midwest, a national distributor of maintenance, repair and operation products, is searching for a Non-Stock Purchasing Administrative Supervisor for our Columbus, OH location. We are looking for a detail-oriented, hardworking, motivated, and customer focused individual.
1. Supervises Non-Stock Purchasing Administrative Assistants on a daily basis.
2. Evaluates performance of Non-Stock Purchasing administrative staff, making written recommendations on matters pertaining to compensation and promotion.
3. Prepares and communicates all necessary information for the Non-Stock monthly newsletter to the Communications and Promotions Supervisor on a monthly basis.
4. Makes suggestions for continual system improvements and enhanced capabilities within Code Red on Non-Stock Purchasing acknowledging/ordering and expediting processes.
5. Prepares and submits ideas, suggestions, and strategies to the Manager of Non-Stock Purchasing on XPS flyers for the sales field and pushes agreed upon ideas through the process from creation to mailing to the sales force.
6. Maintains personal responsibility for specified requests for quotations, and shipment of specified orders.
7. Maintains communication with sales force, and directs successful resolutions of conflicts and complaints related to SPS/XPS orders.
8. Supervises ongoing maintenance and additions to the XPS vendor database. Actively “Markets” the XPS program and products to the sales force in conjunction with the Manager of Non-Stock Purchasing.
9. Interacts with K-M’s supplier base with the intent of adding additional suppliers
10. Carries out special assignments related to the SPS/XPS program or purchasing
Department as directed by the Non-Stock Purchasing Manager or Director of Purchasing and Product Development.
Our ideal candidate
1. This position requires a 4 year college degree and satisfactory completion of Kimball Midwest’s M.I.T. program or three years of Non- Stock purchasing experience or five years of stock purchasing experience.
2. This position requires increasing responsibility in a supervisory environment.
3. This position requires computer literacy.
4. This position requires the ability to respond quickly to problems, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
5. This position requires the ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers; both orally and in written form.
6. This position requires the ability to read and write small letters and numbers; the ability to make arithmetic calculations; and the ability to
understand written and oral instructions.
7. This position requires the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
8. This position requires the successful completion of a ninety (90) day orientation period.
9. This position requires the execution of an Employment Agreement contract between
Kimball Midwest and the employee.
We offer a benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, company sponsored life, optional life and disability insurance, Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off (PTO), a business casual dress code and paid holidays.
All interested and qualified candidates should apply online.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kimball Midwest has been committed to excellence since 1923 serving our customers with quality products and services. Today, we are a major...