Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to overseeing and managing the operational aspects of one or more projects within a business unit. Participate in strategic planning, determining issues, and assessing future needs to identify projects that achieve business goals and objectives and/or improve or streamline functions. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. Monitor daily operations and provide direction to subordinate staff. May operate cross-functionally within the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities to advance the work of one or more projects. Plan, document, review, and manage subordinate performance.
- Develop implementation plans. Allocate and coordinate resources. Align with other projects. Develop methods for monitoring project progress. Provide analytical support in synthesizing and reporting results.
- Develop, monitor, and review project budgets. Verify expenditures vs. actual. Explain variances.
- Establish schedules and priorities. Prepare and deliver status reporting in areas such as metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, SOX compliance, unit progress, issue tracking, and staff meetings.
- Manage administrative tasks to include access requests, space management, equipment procurement and tracking, and contractor requisitions and work orders.
- Develop, implement, and share best practices and tools in areas such as technology development, project management, risk management, change management, document retention and management, and post-implementation review.
- Develop, implement, and document procedures. Adhere to corporate and business unit standards and procedures. Obtain required approvals.
- Provide technology support and input. Support opportunities for technology improvements. Make recommendations for enhancements.
- Manage key internal and external relationships. Identify and resolve project issues, interdependencies, and conflicts. Ensure positive outcomes.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Understand and own the budget making process
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and drive projects to execution
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 23 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...