Currently Recruiting for: North Antelope Rochelle Mine (NARM)-Maintenance Director
Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) is the world’s largest private-sector coal company at a time when coal is the world's favorite fuel. Around the world and around the clock, Peabody’s business platform on six continents creates a strategic advantage. Our coal products fuel 10 percent of all U.S. and 2 percent of worldwide electricity generation. Peabody markets, brokers and trades coal in the world’s fastest-growing economies, with trading and business offices in China, Australia, the United Kingdom, Venezuela, Singapore, Indonesia and the United States. And we are a global leader in clean coal solutions, advancing a dozen clean coal projects and partnerships worldwide.
Celebrating 128 years and a heritage of success and growth, Peabody Energy has earned a reputation as a respected employer and enjoys an annual retention rate of well over 90 percent. Peabody achieved record global safety performance in 2010; the last three years were the safest in our history. We also earned more than 30 awards for safety, financial and environmental performance in the past year alone.
Peabody is committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Peabody strives to achieve its mission by providing our employees with an empowered, collaborative work environment based on mutual trust and respect that emphasizes safe working conditions, rewards continuous improvement, innovation and creativity, and provides opportunities for job satisfaction and career advancement.
If you thrive in an environment that encourages innovation, collaboration, teamwork, problem-solving and customer satisfaction, consider a career with Peabody.
The Maintenance Director will effectively manage the NARM rolling stock maintenance department to ensure safe maintenance operations and superior rolling stock availability. Specific responsibilities include:
Plan, direct and control maintenance activities for all rolling stock including budgets, staffing, scheduling, facility management, and strategic planning.
Develop and maintain preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
Direct maintenance teams in maintaining and improving overall mine efficiency and profitability through improved performance and equipment availability.
Manage and coordinate the duties of all department employees including performance management, skills enhancement, and talent development.
Perform necessary engineering design activities as necessary.
Initiate continuous improvement projects; coordinate with other departments, corporate personnel and external suppliers as necessary.
Initiate, manage and terminate outside services support as needed.
Practice and promote company philosophy of teamwork by contributing in crew/staff meetings; maintaining good working relationship with supervisors and co-workers; maintaining positive attitude towards learning, readily accepting job assignments; and setting and maintaining crew’s/team’s pace.
- Must work safely and promote safe behavior in others
- BS degree required; mechanical or electrical degree preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years of progressive mine maintenance leadership including crew supervision and department management
- A strong personal commitment to safety and the ability to promote safe behavior in others are required.
- Minimum of 10 years experience related to maintenance of surface mining equipment required; electrical and mechanical drive experience a plus.
- Experience managing the maintenance operations of surface mining equipment.
- Progressive mine maintenance experience including crew supervision and department management required.
- Strong experience with predictive and preventative maintenance systems required.
- Ensure equipment availability meets production requirement through regular and continuing maintenance of all rolling stock equipment.
- Work a flexible schedule required to meet the demands of the job.
- Other duties as assigned by the company
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reach, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls with hands and arms, legs and feet
- Stand, walk; sit; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, crawl, and climb ladders/steps
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds for a minimal distance
- Talk to, communicate with and hear others
- See (vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus)
- Ability to maintain mental focus and concentration
- Perform all duties day and night, on all surfaces and in all weather conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works:
Note: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In outside weather conditions
- Near moving mechanical parts
- May be exposed to dusty, wet and/or humid conditions and vibration
- Occasionally works at heights and may be occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals are required to apply online at
to be considered for a specific opening.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer.
- The company may require a pre-employment examination by competent professionals to evaluate a person’s ability to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates for employment are subject to the company’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Program, including pre-employment, for cause, post accident and random testing.
- Peabody Energy actively promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- Peabody only accepts resumes for positions posted on the Peabody Career Info site.
- Peabody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition, it is Peabody's policy not to discriminate in hiring practices on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Peabody Energy - 15 months ago
In a time in which people still get most of their power from coal-fired plants, Peabody Energy is king. The world's largest...