Responsible for examination and completion of all assigned data collection tasks required for field real property title searches, varying in levels of complexity.
***This position is located primarily in the Bronx County Clerk Office***
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Organize and prepare daily tasks.
2. Notify management on searches that exceed the normal cost or time frame.
3. Abstract and copy deeds, mortgages, easements, judgments, liens, maps, and other applicable instruments.
4. Retrieve records/documents throughout the assigned region.
5. Verify vesting and encumbrances to title.
6. Perform imaging clerk duties.
7. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is sedentary, typically employee sits comfortably to do the work. There may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as paper, books, or notebooks.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment that requires normal safety precautions.
- High SchoolDiploma or GED
- Minimum 12 months prior title examination experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and Web navigation. Must have basic knowledge of other Microsoft Suite applications
- Proficient in use of facsimile, scanners, copiers, computer equipment, and communication devices
- Valid Driver's License, if needed
- Must have reliable automobile to travel to numerous locations throughout the day, if needed
- 2+ years experience performing title examinations in Bronx County
- Proficient in use of company order processing platform and all internal data applications
- Ability to take direction and guidance from management
- Ability to work both independently and contribute in every aspect to a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and tasks requiring detail, concentration and accuracy
iCIMS Social Distribution - 10 months ago