The City of Cedar Hill is seeking a Northwood Intern to serve as a part-time, temporary, Neighborhood Services Clerk, providing clerical assistance to the Neighborhood Services/Main Street Manager.
The Neighborhood Services Department is dedicated to improving and maintaining neighborhood vitality through enhanced communication, activity, participation, facilitation and education.
This position would work a flexible schedule, approximately 10 hours per week.
Candidates must be a current Northwood University student to qualify.
- Coordination of mailings, postage and printing initiative which currently serves 68 neighborhoods
- Following-up on service requests and event inquiries
- Neighborhood and event database management
- Maintenance of Neighborhood and Main Street website and events calendar
- Processing of invoices related to downtown and neighborhood services activities
- Coordination and logistical support for meetings and events
To qualify for this position you must be a current Northwood University Student.
Students must go by the Northwood Business Office to fill out paperwork in person and receive receipts. You CANNOT interview without the appropriate paperwork, even if the student has worked for the City of Cedar Hill in a prior year. ALL STUDENTS MUST fill out new paperwork before interviewing or being hired.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- At least one year of previous clerical work experience.
- Website Design – the ability to update and add website content
- Social Media – the ability to update Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Database Management – experience in Microsoft Access or similar database program
- Marketing – artistic experience in designing marketing/promotional materials using Adobe Illustrator or a similar program
Complete online application at Cedar Hill City Website at www.cedarhilltx.com . The City of Cedar Hill can no longer accept actual/faxed applications. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. There are computers at the Cedar Hill Library for applicants that do not have access to a computer at home. If you are having trouble with the NEOGOV Applicant tracking site, please call the NEOGOV technical support number at 1-888-636-4681 ext. 201.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Cedar Hill will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your needs. For any special requests, please call Human Resources at 972-291-5100, ext 1050.
The City of Cedar Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of genetic information in compliance with GINA, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, age, or disability in hiring, conditions, or termination of employment. Final applicants for employment with the City of Cedar Hill are subject to drug testing and background screening.
CITY OF CEDAR HILL
285 Uptown Blvd Bldg #100
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
City of Cedar Hill, TX - 18 months ago