North Hills Hospital - North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Work schedule: PRN
The Nuclear Medicine Tech conducts organ or body scans with radioactive isotopes in order to provide diagnostic aid to physicians. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepares radioactive isotopes for administration to patients in accordance with physicians' orders.
- Positions patients and adjusts immobilization devices.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses concerns.
- Administers and records isotope dosage.
- Performs diagnostic studies on patients using scanners or scintillation cameras to detect radiation emitted and to produce image of organ on photographic film.
- Administers therapeutic doses of radiopharmaceuticals under direction of physician.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows radiation safety techniques in use and disposal of radioactive materials.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Nuclear Medicine.
- ARRT(N) certified or registry eligible (if registry eligible, must be certified within 6 months of hire)
CNMTB or registry eligible (if registry eligible, must be certified within 6 months of hire)
- Current Texas licensure or permit to practice medical imagining.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support.
- One year experience as a Nuclear Med Tech preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
North Hills Hospital is an award-winning hospital located right here in the heart of northeast Tarrant county, situated near the corner of...