The Staff Nurse RN/LVN is a Nursing Service employee who, in the Ambulatory Care setting, provides basic nursing care which includes performing routine office procedures and testing, participating in patient education, communicating effectively with others and participating in health care decision-making.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greets patient, identifies self by always wearing a name tag, escorts patient to exam room, and assists in preparation for exam.
2. Triages patient and indicates treatment and/or requests ancillary work when authorized.
3. Instructs patient on tests, treatment, procedures and medications.
4. Schedules diagnostic tests for patient or assists patient in scheduling their own tests when appropriate.
5. Handles lab/x-ray reports, making sure the information is reported to the patient in a timely manner.
6. Manages the physician's schedule; notifies appropriate departments/sections of changes in the schedule of the physician, i.e., add-ons, cancellations and no-shows; notifies patient and appropriate staff in advance of unexpected delays and manages work-in time for the physician.
7. Keeps patient records and conversations confidential.
8. Maintains records in a neat and orderly fashion; documents administration of medication; ensures initial and follow-up treatments are completed; promptly answers all phone calls and documents conversations with patients and relays information to the physician via Logician/Centricity.
9. Administers medications; starts and maintains IV therapy on patients when requested; performs nursing functions, organizes and stores medications according to policies and procedures.
10. Performs duties in a safe manner according to clinic policies and procedures; stays familiar with current safety information related to the work environment; adheres to the dress code for Nursing Service; works as a team member, interacting with staff, patients and physicians to communicate and coordinate patient flow effectively.
11. Manages contacts (in person or by phone) in a professional and courteous manner; maintains appropriate supply levels in the treatment rooms; provides assistance to fellow employees in a cheerful and courteous manner; maintains work area and exam rooms in a clean and orderly manner.
12. Follows policies and procedures for requesting time off and calling in sick; reports to duty at appointed hour; notifies supervisor when overtime is anticipated and works with co-workers to decrease overtime on the unit.
13. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager including, but not limited to, floating to various positions in the Clinic as needed.
15. Adheres to all ADC policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Assesses, interprets, implements, evaluates, and plans patient treatment and education. Must be able to demonstrate basic nursing skills, including basic drug calculations. Must have ability to learn and perform tasks on the Clinic's computer system. Must be able to work effectively under pressure and in emergency medical situations. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, staff and physicians. Must be able to be flexible and work effectively, assisting other staff and physicians under the discretion of the Clinical Manager in a staffing problem situation.
Must have valid current Texas RN/LVN licensure. Must have current Class C CPR course completion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Prefer one-two years of experience in a physician’s office.
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic - 7 months ago
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic
- 27 days ago
At the Austin Diagnostic Clinic, our foot and ankle specialists aim to provide comprehensive management of a wide variety foot and ankle...