THE CHILDREN’S HOME THE CHILDREN’S HOME
Position: Nurse ( Residential )
Responsible To: Medical Director
Position Purpose: N ursing staff works closely with residential staff to ensure the best possible care for each client in the residential program . Provides professional nursing care to residents within the treatment programs. Responsible for assessment, evaluation, and update of resident care through observation of physical and behavioral symptoms. Participates in formulation of individual care plans for all residents and implements plan according to facility policy .
Status: Exempt – Professional Category
1. RN from an accredited college or university with a valid North Carolina RN license.
2. Ability to relate to children, colleagues, and families in a manner that will promote agency and health related goals.
3. Experience in pediatric medications, psychiatric experience preferred
4. Basic knowledge of adolescent emotional and mental health and disease concepts .
5. Agrees with and adheres to the General Principles and Qualifications, Section #401, in the Personnel Policies of The Children’s Home.
1. Admits residents to program , completes admission assessments, reviews and verifies orders, and administers medications.
2. Manages the mental and physical health of residents by ensuring physician orders are implemented, evaluated and documented , as well as assuring proper administration of medication to each resident.
3. Monitors residents receiving medications for any adverse reaction s through contact with the resident, observation o f the resident , and staff reports.
4. Observes and reports the resident’s signs, symptoms and behaviors that may be due to treatment s and/or interventions and records same in the medical record according to policy. (includes but not limited to obtaining and documenting vital signs when necessary)
5. For each shift, the RN assesses the behavioral and medical needs of residents.
6. Assists in the implementation of resident treatment goals and plan.
7. Participates in and/or supervises and documents special treatment procedures, progressive interventions and de-escalation of residents according to facility policy.
8. Participates in resident staffing meetings , contributes pertinent observations and knowledge , assists in updating and making changes to treatment plan s .
9. Provides education and individual instruction to residential staff, residents , and their families concerning medications, health, and medical needs.
10. Makes arrangements for routine and specialized lab work and charts test results.
11. Assist the physician , PA, and/or NP when necessary during physical examinations.
12. Maintain inventory of stocked medications , as well as medications prescribed to residents by medical provider s as needed.
13. Assists co-workers with maintaining unit's cleanliness.
14. Assist clients with care as needed.
15. Provide First Aid, CPR, or emergency intervention as needed.
16. Attend all required staff meetings and supervision meetings.
17. Consistently meets facility and regulatory training requirements by attending all mandatory staff meetings and training sessions as required.
18. Attend conferences and training to upgrade skills and maintain privileging.
19. Adhere to procedures for medication administration, storage, etc., according to facility policy .
20. Maintain clear, accurate , and up-to-date files and records pertaining to the treatment of residents.
21. Use sound judgment in developing and implementing decisions .
22. When clinically appropriate, make treatment decisions in collaboration with the residents, their families , and other professionals.
23. Show good judgment related to work performance and ethical behavior.
24. Ensure the provision of culturally sensitive services.
25. Ensure the provision of quality services through participation in The Children’s Home Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process.
26. Ensure compliance with all applicable standards of practice.
27. Actively promote the mission, values and purpose of The Children’s Home.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Medium
Position involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Frequent walking, standing, and sitting .
Frequent reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms.
Frequent use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, or other objects.
Visual ability including distance, peripheral and depth perception.
Ability to drive .
Regularly required to talk and hear.
Ability to spend long periods of time standing, bending, stooping, and walking around the facility while supervising and/or participating in the activities and assisting in the movement of the residents.
Accompany residents on field trips requiring the physical stamina to walk a least a mile.
Able to climb stairs repeatedly.
Job requires physical stamina; agility required to manage young, active residents .
Must be able to perform restraints
The above list is not all-inclusive. Other responsibilities may become necessary in the course of working routines and therefore be required.
Interested candidates should email: email@example.com
Monster - 21 months ago