The Cardiovascular Lab is a diagnostic and interventional procedural area for both cardiac and peripheral vascular cases. The scope of care includes pre-catheterization teaching and preparations, assisting the physician during procedures, administering IV conscious sedation, continual monitoring of hemodynamics, assessing patient comfort, sheath removal and recovering the patient following catheterization. Support is offered to the patient and families as well as to Exeter Hospital staff.
The Cardiovascular Lab also performs electrophysiologic procedures to include pacemaker and internal defibrillator implants.
Elective procedures are performed Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with personnel and resources available for rapid mobilization within 30 minutes, 24 hours a day, and seven days a week. This is a high acuity department that has a research-based practice, providing state of the art procedures and interventions.
This position has a 10 day/month call requirement (includes every 3rd weekend). Additionally the staff is responsible to cover a 6 bay holding area on a rotating day schedule.
1 to 3 years cath lab or critical care experience.
RN license - NH or other compact state.
ACLS certified BCLS certified.
1. Positions and immobilizes patient on examining table following specified protocols.
2. Continuous assessment of patient hemodynamics.
3. Performs conscious sedation.
4. Mix and maintain IV/IC infusion and bolus.
5. Alerts Physician to changes in patient responses.
6. Assists Physician in interventional procedures.
7. Recovery of patient to Phase I.
8. Performs all duties of staff RN as appropriate.
9. Acts as a liaison between family, patient and Physician.
10. Performs procedures to include non-sterile, dressing changes and maintaining aseptic technique.
Exeter Hospital - 9 months ago