Responsible for coordinating and facilitating the patient's hospitalization from pre-admission through post-discharge. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, social workers and other health care team members to expedite medically appropriate, cost effective care. Applies clinical expertise and medical appropriate criteria to resource utilization and discharge planning to achieve desired health maintenance and disease prevention outcomes. Will advise the health care team and provide leadership as necessary. Communicates at inter-departmental level as well as across all health care areas with the goal of improving clinical management of patients, thereby impacting medical and psychosocial care across the health care continuum. Core processes include risk assessment and management of clinical populations, discharge planning, and utilization management. Provides assistance to patients and families through assessment and evaluation of psychosocial, emotional, and financial factors which impact health status and barriers to wellness.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
• Requires a minimum of three (3) years acute care experience, preferably in Care Management, Utilization Management, and/or Discharge Planning.
• Certification in Care Management preferred.
• Working knowledge of Milliman preferred.
• Current BCLS required.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills required.