Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
is a 42 bed medical surgical intensive care unit that provides comprehensive nursing care to critically ill patients with complex surgical, medical and multi-system conditions. This includes the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Multi-system organ failure
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the complete oversight of his/her unit. Serves as liaison between staff and administrative personnel. Develops standards and procedures for providing nursing care and for evaluating service. Provides orientation, teaching, and guidance to staff to improve quality patient care. The Nurse Manager recommends the establishment or revision of policies and develops organizational structure and standards of performance. Promotes strong and effective working relations with other hospital departments. Assists in preparation of and oversight of the departmental budget. Establishes personnel qualification requirements, initiates in-service programs, installs record and reporting system, and performs other personnel management tasks.
General Essential Functions:
- Develops performance plans, identifies performance issues, and manages performance and career development.
- Approves and contributes to in-service education programs for assigned staff.
- Coordinates the educational activities of staff; communicates new/revised protocols, guidelines, and standards to assigned staff as changes occur.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of Nursing and Support Staff of assigned units to ensure patient care is provided in accordance with the established standards and legal requirements.
- Ensures that continuity of care is maintained during all shifts of the unit providing 24-hour patient care.
- Ensures appropriate staffing is provided for all shifts of operation for responsible units.
- Monitors, evaluates and modifies staffing patterns in order to properly utilize assigned staff to provide patient care in assigned areas; prepares and modifies work schedules as needed to ensure adequate coverage of all shifts; approves paid time off, sick time, and leave of absence requirements for assigned staff.
- Coordinates quality activities for assigned areas; ensures that unit standards and monitoring procedures are consistent with the goals and objectives of facility
's quality programs.
Performs daily rounding to ensure patient satisfaction criteria are being met and to monitor and evaluate employee performance.
Investigates, resolves, and documents the resolution of complaints or incidents concerning patients.
Communicates with various departments to coordinate services, resolve operational issues, and improve quality of patient care.
Provides input into and manages budget for areas of responsibility.
Continuously reviews processes for operational improvement and efficiencies.
Supports the facility's Standards of Performance and ICARE values
Develop and foster physician relations within the clinical setting
Maintains knowledge and follows all CMS and JCAHO requirements.
Successfully complete critical care unit specific competencies yearly
- Current Registered Nurse licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing or approved compact state
's degree is required.
3 years minimum critical care clinical experience
3 years minimum experience in a supervisory/managerial role
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
BLS & ACLS certification
ACLS EP preferred
Specialty certification preferred (i.e. CCRN, CEN, etc.)
Our mission is to be recognized for the passion of our people who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our...