Outstanding healthcare opportunity
If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our team of diverse and motivated professionals at Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC). CHC is one of the country’s most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental and mental health services to the uninsured and underinsured. CHC is building a world class primary health care system that is committed to caring for special populations, and that is focused on improving health outcomes for our patients as well as building healthy communities. We are one of the leading health-care providers in the state of Connecticut, providing comprehensive primary care services in medicine, dentistry, and behavioral health. With more than 130,000 active patients, CHC is the health care home that works to keep our patients—and our communities—healthy. We go beyond the traditional health services to bring care wherever our patients and clients are, using innovative service delivery models and state of the art technology.
In this role you will be a member of the site's leadership team, participating in site planning activities, developing community outreach events and maintaining provider relations. You will provide clinical leadership both through direct patient care and through supervision of New London and Groton's nursing and medical assistant staff. The position will involve training, coordination of staff scheduling, and monitoring of compliance activities.
This is the growth opportunity for you if you:
As a Nurse Manager for Community Health Center, you will:
- Are committed to clinical excellence
- Possess a positive energetic attitude
- Enjoy working with people
- Have a strong interest and experience in health policy/public health
- Plan, organize, and deliver nursing services to promote highest level of patient care and satisfaction within the scope of the Connecticut Nurse Practice Act
- Collaborate with other team members including the Onsite Medical Director, Practice Manager, and Site Director to accomplish assigned goals and responsibilities
- Assure compliance with regulatory standards, including but not limited to Joint Commission, OSHA/EOC, Safety/Infection Control, Quality Care Audits, and DPH licensure requirements
- Supervise, manage, and ensure compliance with CHC policies regarding telephonic patient interaction and triage
- Provide direct patient education, and provide leadership to nursing and medical assistant staff in providing patient education
- Directly supervise nurses and medical assistants in CHC of Groton and New London.
- Work with Human Resources to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with CHC policies and applicable laws, including such activities as: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Work in a friendly, team atmosphere
- Current Connecticut RN license
- BSN required. Master's preferred
- Strong supervisory experience
- Minimum of 3 years clinical ambulatory experience
- Current CPR certification
- Current Driver's license
- Commitment to care of underserved populations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short term/long term disability coverage, 403b plan with discretionary company match/contribution, flexible spending plan, group life insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom based/on-line computer skill development resources and more!
Community Health Center, Inc. - 17 months ago