Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
This is a full-time, 80 hours/ppd position.
Minimum Education/Work Experience - Nurse Practitioner
-- Master s degree in nursing from an accredited program
--at least 24 months of full-time practice within the area of specialization within the past five years
--an approved equivalent combination of education and experience
--Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of
-- Certification in the area of specialization by an agency authorized to certify
professional nurses in advanced practice
--Or an approved equivalent as provided under M.S. 148/284.
--Graduation from an accredited physician assistant (PA) program with
experience in providing care to adult population
--Certification or eligibility for certification from the State of Minnesota as a
Positions at Hennepin County Medical Center are credentialed through the Office of the
Medical Director in accordance with its policies.
A licensed provider of direct patient centered care in accordance with the Office of the Medical Director at Hennepin County Medical Center and the Minnesota State Board of Nursing. The Certified Nurse Practitioner evaluates, diagnoses, provides treatment and education to patients and their families for a variety of healthcare needs.
1. Provides direct patient care to an assigned patient population.
2. Works collaboratively and in consultation with the medical staff as indicated by the patient health status and medical condition.
3. Appropriately refers patients to other health care providers or agencies.
4. Obtains patient and family health history.
5. Performs a physical examination appropriate to patient age and history.
6. Assesses patient health status and creates a plan of care in collaboration with the patient.
7. Reassesses and modifies the plan of care as needed to achieve medical and health promotion goals.
8. Provides patient and family education appropriate to the patient and family needs.
9. Proves appropriate screening and education for primary prevention of disease.
10. Provides appropriate screening, management and education for secondary and tertiary disease prevention and management.
11. Orders, conducts and interprets diagnostic tests.
12. Orders, prescribes, administers, and dispenses therapeutic devices or legend drugs.
13. Completes accurate and timely documentation of history, examination, assessment, plan of care and other observations as indicated.
14. Participates in performance improvement projects.
15. Contributes to ongoing medial and nursing staff education.
16. Initiates and participates in research projects.
17. Supports new and existing programs, which expand the organization’s role in the community.
18. Serves as a clinical resource to hospital staff.
19. Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of ongoing service programs that ensure quality nursing and patient care programs consistent with the hospital’s mission.
20. Maintains current Registered Nurse licensure and appropriate Advanced Practice Nurse Certification.
21. Assesses the need for personal growth and development and take initiative in seeking opportunities to meet those needs.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.