Job Function: Nurse, Nurse Practitioner
Comprehensive Health Services (CHS) health centers enable you to deliver the highest quality in patient care.
CHS focuses exclusively on managing workforce health programs for major corporations and government agencies. Founded in 1975, CHS has proudly set a new standard in onsite health care delivery. With best practices honed by our more than 35 years of experience, CHS helps employers with large, dispersed or mobile workforces achieve healthier employees, lower absenteeism, fewer injuries, lower long-term risk and lower payouts for disability and employee health costs.
Become a member of tomorrows health care delivery team today! Every body wins with CHS!
CHS Health Services currently has a per diem Nurse Practitioner opportunity with a client located in Kansas City, MO.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) serves as a member of the CHS healthcare team which is committed to the delivery of high quality evidenced-based medical care with a focus on prevention, behavior change, health promotion and health maintenance activities that affect long-term health outcomes. Directs medical services to include: conducting physical health assessments, making differential diagnoses and prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments in the direct management of acute and chronic illnesses and injuries within the scope of state regulations governing advanced practice. Expected to foster, promote, and restore patient health through the development and use of prepared wellness materials and by collaborating with physicians and other multi-disciplinary team members to provide physical and psychosocial support to employees. Reports to the Unit Manager or Manager, Client Operations.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing NP program and licensure in state of practice as NP. Two to four years experience of clinical nursing in an NP role is desired. National certification as Adult or Family NP required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Excellent computer skills and experience with other common office equipment and electronic medical recordkeeping software required. Experience with NextGen a plus. Must be able to provide emergency care, primary care, acute/chronic care, and episodic care and have experience doing so.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes an electronic health record to document and communicate care for all patient care activity, to ensure continuity of care and on-going plans of treatment.
- Adheres to the highest standards of healthcare practice, ethics, and professionalism at all times.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients, with a focus on primary and occupational medicine for the adult population or adult and pediatric population 2 years of age and older.
- Performs health assessments by interview, physical examination and the ordering and interpreting of diagnostic tests for occupational and non-occupational injury and illness, to diagnose the nature of common acute and chronic conditions.
- Performs physical examinations as part of the pre-employment, periodic and occupational health surveillance programs where required by service contract.
- Identifies physiological and pathophysiological findings and takes appropriate action and develops an on-going treatment plan, as indicated.
- Management of common acute and chronic illness, including minor trauma, episodic problems, occupational health injuries and illnesses, common chronic disorders, as well as counseling and education with regard to such problems, performance of minor surgical procedures and initiation of life-saving procedures in emergencies.
- Utilizes resources independently to provide appropriate evidence-based care in routine and emergency settings.
- Partners with on-site or collaborative physician and follows recommendations of MD/medical director in a timely manner.
- Referral of complex and high priority cases to a physician with regard to complicated diagnostic problems, serious illness, complicated therapeutic problems, and/or reevaluation of chronic conditions, and partners with primary and specialty care providers as appropriate.
- Promotion and maintenance of family health, including planning of periodic health assessments and screening for early case findings, assessment and guidance with regard to health hazards, good family health habits, family planning, mental and emotional problems.
- Provides client education on health habits, self-examinations, behavior management, and other concerns relating to medical and health issues.
- Establishes patient care goals and reinforces understanding of disease processes and illness management, medication and related issues, medical resources, and self care skills to clients.
- Recommends changes in clinical areas or in general areas to improve the patient flow, practice management and other pertinent program and service areas.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with corporate quality and mandated regulatory standards.
- Complies with all current medical and nursing standards and guidelines; legal and confidentiality requirements and meets or exceeds the Service Excellence Standards of CHS.
- Assists in internal quality control audits, corporate wide peer review, and provides quality medical care according to CHS quality standards.
- Adheres to infection control policies and protocols, medication administration and dispensing, storage procedures.
- Maintains professional growth and development by participating in educational programs and professional organizations and activities to maintain a knowledge of national trends.
- Partners with other Client stakeholders, such as TPA, EAP, Safety, Risk Management.
- May lead or participate in interdepartmental project groups or task forces to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, contract awards, and new policy requirements.
- Supports marketing/sales objectives and efforts as requested.
- May be asked to travel for client meetings, presentations, etc. Travel less than 10%.
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies "close calls" and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
- May serve on the OSHA VPP, Safety, and Wellness Committees.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time. May require bending, stooping and lifting up to 15 lbs. Good eye/hand coordination required.
Kansas City , Missouri, United States
How To Apply:
All Health Jobs.com
- 3 years ago - save job