TWO-WEEK INTERNAL POSTING
Descriptive Title: Nurse Practitioner
Budget Title: TH Assistant Director of Nursing
State Professional Position
Department: Preoperative Service
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Qualifications: MSN. Three years experience in an acute care setting. NYS certified Nurse Practitioner. Current NYS Registered Nurse License.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in a perioperative setting, performing history and physicals.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Conducts comprehensive or episodic health assessment of acute medical/surgical patients/families with real or potential acute and/or health problems which may include the psychosocial, cognitive and personal assets and limitations of the patient / family with emphasis on wellness.
- Establishes medical diagnosis; order and evaluates diagnostic studies, prescribes and regulates medications, performs and monitors therapeutic procedures, assesses and/or manages follow up plans within the protocols and practice privileges approved by the supervising physician and consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Records and documents health appraisal data necessary to maintain, coordinate and/or expedite required services.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Physician Collaborator and Associate Director of Nursing relative to select aspects of patient care or administrative issues.
- Acts as a resource and consultant to health care staff.
- Develops, conducts and evaluates formal and/or informal continuing education programs in areas of expertise at University Hospital and community.
- Participates in the development and revision of nursing standards of care.
- Participates in Nursing, Medical and Administrative committees.
- Maintains and enhances a current level of knowledge relative to professional practice, as well as, continuing requirements necessary for licensure and certification. Attends educational conferences.
- Participates in the research process by contributing ideas, collecting data, sharing knowledge and applying new findings to practice.
- Participates in the development and review of outcome data to measure the quality of patient care.
Special Notes: Shift: Full-time day 0830-1730. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 17 months ago