Correctional Healthcare Setting: |
Looking for Nurse Practitioner (NP)/ Physician Assistant (PA) to work with the Correctional Medical Care (CMC) Site Medical Director and/or staff physicians in the day-to-day care and management of inmates in a correctional health setting. Part Time 24 Hours a week position.
• Attend inmate sick call complaints and prescribe medications per guidelines set forth by the State Board of Medicine (and/or State Board of Nursing) following the CMC formulary and approval by the NP/PA’s primary supervisor.
• Report and provide care to confined inmates as mutually agreed upon with the (CMC) Site Medical Director (and/or supervising physician).
• Collect data and perform History and Physicals to include newly incarcerated inmates, parole violators, kitchen workers, preventative chronic care needs, annual review and other needed physicals.
• Initiate laboratory/diagnostic studies deemed appropriate to manage inmate care.
• Follow up abnormal examination findings, laboratory/radiological studies and record this information in the patient’s chart.
• Document inmate encounters inprogress notes, accurately and on a timely basis.
• Initiate emergency management for situations such as cardiac arrest, injuries, burn treatment, hemorrhage and other emergencies within scope of the NP/PA practice and personnel training.
• Perform clinical procedures when deemed appropriate by the supervisory physician and in accordance with state laws.
• Consult CMC Site Medical Director and/or supervising physician for purpose of sharing information or for additional guidelines in patient management.
• Act as a resource for crisis intervention, suicidal prevention and preventive health maintenance strategies and other patient education endeavors.
• A team approach format with a multi-disciplined provider group.
Nurse Practitioner Association New York State - 18 months ago