Providing quality cancer care is the mission of New York Oncology Hematology, P.C. Formed from the merger of 45 doctors in 12 locations within an eight-county area that includes the entire capital district, this medical practice provides state-of-the-art cancer care for this region. Currently we are seeking experienced mid-level provider to support the NYOH physicians at our Patroon Creek Blvd location in Albany. This is a hospital based position at St Peters Hospital, Albany. There will be no weekend or night call.
Under supervision of NYOH physicians, this mid-level provider, will primary care of cancer patients who require hospitalization. Duties will include the coordination of clinical and diagnostic procedures, treatment, psychological assessments, discharge planning and the education of the patients and families.
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited program for nursing education and successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner program or a Physician Assistant Program
- Minimum of at least 2 years’ experience in primary care of medical sub-specialty.
- Hematology/Oncology experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Entry level candidates will not be considered
- Experience and knowledge in the management of the physiologic and psychological effects of cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
- License and current registration as required by the state of New York
- AOCN certification preferred.