The NP practices independently and in collaboration with appropriate physicians to provide primary care to patients and oversees, conducts and/or completes all required visits and documentation in accordance to CMS hospice regulations for face-to-face encounter visits. Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients. Provides patient education and trains other health care professionals in a variety of settings. Makes applicable clinical recommendations to nursing staff to address the medical needs of the patients.
You're more than a Nurse Practitioner (Casual) at AseraCare Hospice. With your vast experience, you know quality care and that's why we've entrusted you to join together with a team of spiritual care coordinators, social workers and counselors. That's because we know you'll go to any length for our patients during their end-of-life journeys. You'll ensure patients receive care on a variety of levels because at AseraCare Hospice, we consider the whole patient. That's why you'll participate in our interdisciplinary approach while simultaneously leading by example and setting only the highest standards. You'll engage with the patient's entire family to help them and other caregivers understand and support the process. You'll see your impact in this highly valuable role every day, as you adjust to new working environments and make a profound difference in the lives you touch.
We are looking for qualified and compassionate candidates with considerable nursing experience. You are independent, flexible, a leader and ready to inspire our talented medical professionals to uphold our promise of quality care. Ideal Nurse Practitioner (Casual) candidates should also have:
Discipline - Select All That Apply General Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner currently licensed in the state where practicing.
- Graduate of an accredited Geriatric or Palliative Care (preferable), Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner Master's program. Previous geriatric, palliative care and hospice experience is preferred but not required.
- Board Certified as an Adult, /or Gerontological Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Superior communication skills.
- BLS certified on date of hire. ACLS certified within one year of hire.
- ELNEC or HPNA certification preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of service specific disease pathophysiology
- Strong collaborator and facilitator of interdisciplinary teams
- Experience in and/or working knowledge in 'motivational interviewing techniques'
- Maintain good interpersonal relations with other healthcare personnel and maintain professional conduct at all times
- Advocate, role model and facilitator for patient-family-centered care
- Broad base of technical knowledge and skills needed to perform all assigned clinical/administrative and academic duties.
- Relevant experience in palliative care/geriatrics/long term care settings; experience in an academic/teaching environment desirable.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in health care management
- Has an ability to deal tactfully with the community. Has knowledge of corporate business management. Understands hospice care and the services provided to patient and family/caregiver through an interdisciplinary group. Intimate knowledge of Medicare Hospice Certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with 24-hour access to a reliable automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
As AseraCare Hospice professionals, helping our patients and their families to feel as comfortable as possible during a stressful and emotional time is at the heart of everything we do. We believe the hospice care journey is about compassion, commitment, and dignity. Partnering with our patients' personal physicians, we work to minimize pain and provide emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and their families as they prepare for change. As one of the nation's premier providers of hospice services, we offer a full range of hospice career opportunities. If you share our approach to delivering personalized, quality hospice care, we can deliver the independence, rewards and clinical excellence you want from your career!
- Demonstrates an ability to collaborate with/ direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
- Participate in agency-based Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Collaborate with team to ensure completion and documentation of appropriate core measures and quality indicators
- Participate and lead (where appropriate) in training and ongoing staff education related to 'transitions of care and patient eligibility'.
- Participate and collaborate with community outreach services including but not limited to "facility in-services", partnering with sales leadership
- Collaborate with Corporate Director of Clinical Education in providing ongoing staff education
- Collaborate with corporate clinical service department in facilitating best-evidenced practice in agency among staff.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant medical research, technology, and related issues by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Maintain appropriate Licensures and Certifications.
- Practice within the Scope of Practice as determined by each individual's state Nurse Practice Act as determined by the individual State Board of Nursing.
- Practice within scope as determined by federal and state regulations regarding practice in hospice and/or long-term care facilities.
- Understand and comply with the policies and procedures of the hospice, home health and/or long-term care settings.
- ADDENDUM: Regarding prescriptive authority, Nurse Practice Acts in individual states specify the nurse practitioner (NP) must practice within established protocol(s) for prescriptive authority, including prescribing of Scheduled drugs.
- ADDENDUM: Regarding collaborative agreements with physicians, the nurse practitioner will adhere to state regulations regarding what terms, definitions, and parameters are required in developing practice agreement with physician.
315 Primrose Lane Suite 101
Aseracare - 20 months ago
As one of the nation’s leading providers of home health, palliative and hospice care services, we can offer you career resources and...