This position vacancy exists within Behavioral Health Services and is located in Wilsonville at the Coffee Creek Correctional Facility . This recruitment will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates.
The incumbant will be assigned on-call duty which amounts to over 50% additional salary.
This position is represented by American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME).
This announcement could close any time after September 27, 2012 .
Example of Duties
This position provides medication management to mentally ill inmates, including examination, diagnosis, prescription of treatment, and performance of specialized procedures that are within the scope of practice of the licensed nurse practitioner, with referral to physician when determination is made that illness or treatment is beyond the scope of practice. Major duties:
- performs comprehensive mental health evaluations of inmates including review of information obtained by other mental health care provides; completes history of previous psychiatric treatment, review of laboratory and other diagnostic tests; examines the inmate for present pathology; establishes a diagnosis and acuity level for mental health problems; prescribes treatment and a follow-up plan; documents findings in the medical record; may provide in-person interview and/or interview via telemedicine;
- monitors pharmacotherapeutic agents; recommends admission to Special Management Unit; initiates referrals; provides medical information to health care providers as necessary to assure continuity of prescribed treatment and programmatic function of the inmate and to maintain the safety and security of the institution;
- documents results of examinations, diagnosis, and treatment plan in the individual inmate's medical record using the problem-oriented charting format; assures the maintenance of medical confidentiality and complies with department and other statutory requirements concerning release of medical information; obtains written informed consent according to department rule from inmate prior to administration of any diagnostic or treatment procedure which poses a material risk of substantial pain or harm to the inmate; provides information and consultation to inmates about findings and prescribed treatment;
- participates with other members of the mental health and health care team in the development of individualized inmate treatment plans requiring close supervision and resolution of identified problems;
- performs work according to guidelines and procedure for maintenance of a secure environment in the correctional setting;
- participates in the development of Continuous Quality Improvements (CQI) projects and makes recommendations to the appropriate program area for improvement or necessary change; and
- participates in on-call coverage for assigned institutions.
Your application will be reviewed to verify that you:
Your license number must be listed in the "Certificates and Licenses" section of your application .
- are licensed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
In the "Work Experience " section of your electronic application, clearly describe your experience as it relates to this position. Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration. A resume' will not replace the "Work Experience " section of the application.
You must have a valid e-mail address to apply for jobs with the State of Oregon.
All communication regarding your application and status are done by e-mail. If you do not currently have an e-mail address and do not know where to go to get one, please refer to our Applicant E-Recruit FAQ's web page. Click on the link below to go directly to question #14 to view several internet providers where you can get a free e-mail account. The State of Oregon does not endorse any particular provider.
Applicant E-Recruit FAQ's
Only complete applications will be considered. Be sure to answer all supplemental questions and attach required documents to your electronic application.
If you have application login problems, get an error message during the application process, or are experiencing other technical (computer related) difficulties, please call the NEOGOV help line for assistance at 1-877-204-4442.
Pay and benefits on all announcements may change without notice. For budgetary reasons, the State of Oregon requires employees to take unpaid furlough days during the 2011-2013 biennium. The incumbent to this position may be required to take a prorated number of unpaid furlough days during the biennium, depending on the number of furlough days established and the date of hire.
This position may be eligible for Police & Fire (P&F) benefits through Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), as defined by statute .
Note: The Department of Corrections does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, all applicants will be required to complete the US Department of Justice Form I-9, confirming authorization to work in the United States.
Application Reference Number: DOC12-0239OC
The successful candidate to this position will be subject to a Criminal Records Check.
Veterans Preference Information
Employee Benefits with the Department of Corrections
Learn more about the Oregon Accountability Model
Visit www.odocjobs.com Recruitment Web Page
Oregon Prisons Map with links to each Facility
Questions may be emailed to
Oregon Department of Corrections
ATTN: Rhonda Crawford
- State Directories
- Agencies A to Z
- Oregon Administrative Rules
- Oregon Revised Statutes
- About Oregon.gov
Web Site Links
State of Oregon
- 2 years ago - save job