Nurse Practitioner for the CV service Line
To assist the Service Line in improving clinical outcomes for CV patients, improving quality as demonstrated in Registries and Public reported measures, improving all stake holder satisfaction and providing guidance to nursing staff caring for CV patients.
Duties include but not limited to the following:
Education and Experience:
- Pre-operative assessment of Cardiac Surgery patients including initial consultation, documentation and communication of morbidities to all concerned parties.
- Post operative care including but not limited to rounding and assuring the patient remains on the clinical pathway.
- Provide patient/family education
- Timely and accurate communication of the patient status to the surgeons, cardiologists and primary care physicians
- Provide post operative assessment and care to all procedural patients
- Make appropriate referrals to other non-physician health professionals
- Develop continuum of care with improved efficiency.
- Master in Nursing from a formal program approved by the state board of nursing
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as an RN
- 5 years experience as an RN with specialty focus
- 2 years APN experience (preferred with specialty focus)
- Current APN Certification by ANA or Specialty Organization
- Maintain certification on an ongoing basis
- Maintain active prescriptive authority, meeting minimum continuing pharmaceutical education requirements.
- BLS and ACLS Certification
Riverside Medical Center - 17 months ago