This position will provide direct care to patients at a School Health Center, collaborate with Health Center professionals, and participate in educational, marketing and administrative activities.
- Provide assessments, diagnosis, counseling, and treatment services to patients and families enrolled at the School Health Center utilizing advanced nursing theories, principles, and practices. Make independent nursing judgments, collaborating with physicians, mental health professionals, and health educator in managing acute and long-term needs of patients as appropriate.
- Prescribe from a formulary of medications, per State licensing guidelines. Instruct patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Refer patients for follow-up or further evaluation, as needed.
- Oversee daily operations of clinic activities.
- Participation in the development and maintenance of medical policies and procedures and quality control and improvement activities.
- Participation in required data reporting activities to the funding agencies and various organizations, as consistent with requirements and confidentiality laws.
- Develop and collaborate with school health clinic(s) for ongoing educational programs for clients and staff.
- Coordination of clinical experiences for nursing, social services, and medical students and residents.
- Participation in community education and marketing activities related to the School Health Center(s)
Minimum Qualifications: Masters degree with certification as a nurse practitioner with a current license to practice professional nursing in Illinois and certified (or pending) in family practice or pediatrics.
The UIC is an AA/EOE.
Back to Job Board