Improve Your Quality of Life While Helping Seniors!
Evercare is now part of the OptumHealth division under the greater UnitedHealth Group. As an OptumHealth Nurse Practitioner (NP) you will provide primary care to your caseload of patients in long term care settings. This excellent opportunity affords a flexible autonomous role bringing enormous satisfaction in the care and comfort of our aging population. Additionally, you will build meaningful relationships with the residents and their families.
Get better informed to determine your fit into this position.
Click here to view the Realistic Job preview: Nurse Practitioner Preview
Click here to listen to our NPs describe their work at OptumHealth: Nurse Practitioner Video
Key responsibilities of the NP include:
- Providing preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Working with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborating with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- An opportunity to learn palliative care is offered at Evercare
What makes your clinical career greater with OptumHealth? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere
- Current, unrestricted NP license the State where this position is located or ability to obtain
- DEA License or ability to obtain
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP or ability to obtain
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings strongly preferred
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Must have reliable transportation
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...