Nurse Practitioner - NP
Department: CONVENIENT CARE
Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: 3p - 3a
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for: the comprehensive assessment and treatment of patients in the Convenient Care setting; the assessment and treatment of Emergency Department patients requiring admission to the Medical-Surgical Unit; the assessment and treatment of Medical-Surgical Unit patients that experience a significant change in condition and; telephone management of established patients that are at home, in an assisted living facility, a skilled nursing facility or a long term care facility. Supervises Convenient Care nurse and/or emergency technician on a shift-by-shift basis. Evaluated by Chief Medical Officer.
VA State Police
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Master of Nursing Degree
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia or license eligible
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Virginia
- Credentialed by the Page Memorial Hospital Medical Staff as Allied Health Staff with appropriate privileges
- ACLS Certification or certification eligible
- A minimum of one year experience as an advanced practice nurse
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills necessary for interaction with patients, staff and visitors
- Must be able to function with a high degree of autonomy
- Multi-tasking necessary for performing day-to-day functions, as the position may experience frequent and multiple interruptions
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to change
- Must be able to function independently and as a team member
- Professional appearance and demeanor required.
- Criminal Background Checks include:
Third-party background check
Valley Health of Virginia - 6 months ago
Valley Health is a full service, regional health care system serving the Northern Shenandoah Valley of VA, WV, and MD. As a non-profit organ...