Previous experience in a research setting highly preferred.
1. Under the direction of the Research Director, the Research Nurse Practitioner is responsible and accountable for individual nurse practitioner practice and, when applicable, appropriately delegates and supervises tasks to provide optimum patient care.
2. Responsible for basic clinical protocol management through determination of patient eligibility, patient assessment, completion of designated procedures/treatment and evaluation of patient outcomes.
3. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
4. Accurately and legibly completes all protocol required documentation.
5. Maintains current knowledge of and responsibility for following all Federal, State and Local Regulations, Good Clinical Practice and International Conference on Harmonisation guidelines.
6. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient/ employee/ customer as number one.
7. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
8. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness. To actively market services to increase volume and awareness.
9. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
10. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
11. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and Radiology) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
12. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
13. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
14. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
15. Other duties as assigned
Education required and/or preferred:
Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing program; Successful completion of an approved advanced practice nursing program.
Current RN license in Texas, Advanced Practice Nurse License, BCLS certified
Advanced Nurse Practice certification in Women's Health
Experience required or preferred:
Unit specific clinical experience preferred
, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Reads and writes basic English with the skills necessary to follow delegated protocol duties. Basic computer and typing skills. Knowledge of standard precautions. Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.