The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a nurse, who, through clinical experience, study and supervised practice in patient care at the masters level, has gained expertise in a specific specialty area of patient care services. NP expectations will include rotation through Mercy Hospital of Buffalo (MHB) Level II and Sisters of Charity (SOCH) Level III NICU.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Masters degree in Nursing required.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program within specialty area.
- Must hold current New York State Registered Nurse registration or be eligible for licensure in New York State and a current Neonatal Nurse Practitioner with New York State license.
- NCC certification as NNP is required.
- NRP Instructor certification required.
- Academic profile submitted to hospital for annual credentialing.
- Previous Neonatal Nursing experience strongly preferred
- Previous Nurse Practitioner experience preferred
- Maintains knowledge of best practice in area of specialty
CareerBuilder - 15 months ago