Nurse RN - Telemetry/Progressive Care
Choose a career that makes a difference. Choose West Florida Healthcare.
The Registered Nurse - Telemetry/Progressive Care assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment/instrumentation, and other health care members. Follows policies and procedures of West Florida Hospital. Participates in the Quality Improvement process and adheres to WFH standards of behavior.
- Area's only hospital featuring
- 400 bed acute care hospital
- Electronic charting and electronic medication administration with patient safety barcode scanning
- JCAHO-awarded Advanced Primary Stroke Center Certification and Gold Seal of Approval
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Comprehensive Benefits include: 401K with Company-Matched Funds, Medical, Vision, Education Assistance, Employee Referral Program, and more!
The Registered Nurse - Telemetry/Progressive Care manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patients' discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
: Associate's Degree (or Diploma) in Nursing is required; a current and clear Florida Registered Nurse license is required.
: Clinical experience gained through Nursing school is required. Critical Care, Progressive Care, or Telemetry nursing experience is preferred.
: Clinical, organizational, critical thinking, multi-tasking, and communication skills in a detail-oriented, customer-focused organization are required. Basic computer skills are required. Ability to maintain confidential information is required. Customer service abilities including effective listening skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment; Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
West Florida Healthcare is proud to offer all private rooms to our patients. Our facility is the area's only Atrial Fibrillation Certified...