Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit (union).
- 2 years of EPIC experience
- Experience in Sterile Technique
- 1 year of recent ambulatory or acute care nursing experience
- Telephone triage experience
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Urology experience
- Procedural experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Nursing
-- Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of Minnesota.
For current employees: If you are not currently in an Ambulatory department, you would be subject to the Ambulatory pay scale.
- 0.7 FTE (7 shifts/ppd) 8 hr shifts, Day
Within the context of the Hennepin County Medical Center "Centered Around You" Patient & Family Centered Care practice model, and under general supervision, the registered nurse provides and coordinates nursing care by:
• Protecting, promoting wellness and optimizing health
• Triaging patients by assessing severity of symptoms and referral to appropriate setting or level of care
• Alleviating suffering through nursing interventions and prescribed treatments.
• Partnering with the patient, their family and significant others, and
• Documenting interventions and an individualized plan of care.
• Educating patient on their disease process
• Assuring continuity of care
• Educating patient and family in preventative care which promotes health and well being
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center is a public acute care, research, and teaching hospital repeatedly recognized by U.S. News & World Report as...