The Woman’s Hospital of Texas
JOB DESCRIPTION – Nurse Technician
1. Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, assist patients with activities of daily living using appropriate standards and safety measures
2. Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities as directed by the Registered Nurse.
3. Keeps the Registered Nurse informed of any changes in Patient status.
4. Responds to patients’ needs and requests appropriately.
5. Assists with patient transfers and ensures that all patients’ belongings are moved safely.
6. Practices Safety measures when transferring patients
7. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
8. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
9. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care. To actively market services to increase volume and awareness.
10. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
11. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
12. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
13. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
14. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
15. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
16. Other duties as assigned
Registered Nurse; Charge Nurse and Nurse Manager
; Nursing Assistant Certification or currently enrolled in a nursing program.
Experience required or preferred:
Work Experience in a clinical setting